Monday, June 14, 2010

Friendship...

Assalamualaikum...

It happened back in 2003, when i just entered Convent High school. Fresh from "I'm finally in High school!" bug, the first few weeks were full of taklimats, introductions and new beginnings. For example, discipline taklimat (from the famous Puan Khatijah, hehe), a tour of the school, introduction of subjects and teachers who'd be teaching em, getting used to our classrooms, new socks, new friends and trying to remember each others names.

It happened during our first Pendidkan Jasmani class, when i was just about to go into the field. Fresh from "Don't look! I'm gonna change. Don't peep!...*squeal*.." hype in the classroom, everyone was excited for some freedom. We gathered in the bio lab and the class seemed to have naturally made cliques and groups among ourselves. I didn't exactly know where i fitted in, but i remember i was going around mingle-ing  with everybody. I was the Penolong Ketua Tingkatan, so i felt kinda obligated to try to warm up to all my classmates, as if i were fishing for votes in a campaign.

As we moved out to the field, i noticed something.

A girl was walking behind me. She had a small frame, neat ponytail, blue spectacles that were a bit lop sided and she walked dragging her feet behind her once in a while. She was quiet most of the time but nobody felt offended by it or bullied her about it. She held her own, you know. As in, her presence was always felt and she was respected even though she didn't say much.

She had the warmest smile.

Then i realised, she's been walking behind me for quite some time and on a number of different occasions too. Being the gutsy me, i turned around without a 2nd thought and asked her up front.

"Why are you following me?", i asked. The second i heard myself and and saw her pale face looking up at me, i became conscious of how rash my actions were. I mean, what good can come from asking that type of question. Here we were, both insecure and in a situation knowing that we were going to make a fool of ourselves. I secretly feared the answer that might come.

She lifted her head and simply said, "I just want to be your friend."

I smiled.

And Tay Su Ann smiled back at me.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This moment, is one of my best moments in high school. Not just because i made a great friend out of it, but because of its honesty and simplicity.

A quirk of fate that started with an awkward question, but ended up with open arms to friendship.



Just felt like sharing =)

Assalamualaikum...


p.s: Su Ann (suzie puzie), come back to Malaysia!!! please........ i Mish youuuuu.. Same goes to, Ashwini mohan (winnie boozie), Krystal Geevarughese (tak boleh bagi nickname dia kat sini, nanti dia marah i nanti, haha), Low Zoey, Neeta, Nishalini, Big Shalene and small shalenee, Denasha, Chitra Rani, Janice Lee, Eileen, Ee ling, Aliza Marianne, Natasha Raqueen, Daphne Yeoh, Yvonne Ho, Aisyah hassan and like seriously to ALL my school mates, come back to jb!!! Come baaaaacccccckkk!!!!

And for those who I've met up with lately and have given me company; Siti Mariam, Atiqah Daud, Afzan, Subashini, Sharifah Nur Alyaa, Muhammad Arif Safwan, tak payah lah sambung study. stay in jb with me and keep me company laa. jgn pergiiiiii.... haha, kidding. thanks for your time and layan-ing me.

Here's to Friendship.


Alhamdulillah.

1 comment:

  1. syahidah sidek!!!!!
    im finally reading ur blog =D
    i miss u...
    do tc of urself n will see u in june...
    love n hugs,
    ash

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails