Friday, August 13, 2010

Catnip!

Assalaamualaikum...

For those not in the know why I've been abit more busy than usual, late to my meetings and lack sleep, this is why..



My new little kitty!!!! ngeee >_< My parents and I were eating at a newly opened restaurant in Uda and towards the end of the meal, we heard the little kitty meow like crazy. It didn't stop meowing, it was frantic, quite dirty but still so cute. I always see stray kittens and cats often and in my heart I've always wanted to take them in but my parents never let me. I didn't lose hope though and I asked my parents again, after countless cats, if I could take the kitty home. Out of the blue and surprisingly, my mum said yes!

So this is Chobeng, our new family member.



He has been with us for three weeks now. Masha Allah, memang rezeki lah dapat this kitten. He is so well behaved. My mum took care of cats when she was a kid and she said out of all the cats she has seen in her life, Chobeng is the most manja and well behaved. Alhamdulillah, my first kitten is Chobeng =)

My sister wanted to name it chobi but then my mum mentioned that it's ears are quite big for its head and there is an old Malay saying for this, which is "telinganya jobeng". Put Chobi and jobeng together, dapat lah Chobeng! hee..

All praise is to Allah, Chobeng is healthy. He is still a bit underweight but he's improving. The first few days he kept vomiting and had bad diarrhoea. Dia lapar tapi stomach dia dah lama sangat tak ada makanan, so it had stomach upsets for the first week. I didn't sleep much for that week either (sorry again to ashwini, krystal, marriane and chitra, I was like a zombie when i met them, haha). Tapi takpe lah, it's all worth it.

It's like I'm taking care of my own child when it comes to Chobeng. I've to feed him, clean up after him, cook for him, sacrifice my sleep, energy and time for him tapi kalau dah sayang tu, semua ok je. Actually, I don't know whether the kitten is a he or a she because it's too underweight. Took it to the vet and all tapi still tak tahu. But Chobeng sounds more guy-ish so I'm hoping it's a boy. It has it's hyper moments when dia dah puas tidur and dah cukup makan, oh excited nyer dia. He'll run and jump about, chasing bells, pouncing at his own shadow, scratching the carpet, jumping on people, play with string, nibble on peoples toes and attack their feet. haha, oh sho cute! gerrrrrraaamm tengok dia, hehe.

Bila dah penat main, he'll cuddle up close, gives a purr and gently falls asleep on me. When he wakes up, he'll lick my face. Ticklish but it does hurt quite a bit though because the surface of the tongue is like sandpaper. So it feels like somebody is shaving my face. hahaha. tapi cute sangat-sangat sooo takpelah. hehe.

He rarely meows at all now.Alhamdulillah, I think he's happy so he only meows when he's hungry or needs the toilet, just to let me know. He even knows to poopie at the litter box and covers up his mess with sand. I mean, this all sounds like normal cat behaviour but my mum tells me that in reality this is very hard to come by and for cats to keep consistent with such good behaviour is very rare. And he's only 2 months old!

InsyaAllah, he'll grow up with me and I'll try my best to take good care of him.

Assalaamualaikum..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails